Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WIPW: Icelandic Anguish

A short post this week.  We've been quite busy with Easter, of course, seeing family and swimming in maple sirup at the sugar shack.  





















Knitting has therefore been replaced, to a fair extent, by sleeping to recover from all this excitement....

I made progress, nevertheless, on the Icelandic sweater I cast on last week for the girls' godmother.  The yoke is finished, and since then, I am giving myself a little sweat by ignoring the pattern is just going with the godmother's measurements.  My gauge is a tiny bit off (me and my infamous loose knitting....) so I decided to knit the size below, but must make sure to increase enough so that it fits nicely on the high hip.  Hence, I knit a few rounds, I worry, I measure....  Knit a few rounds, worry, measure...  So on and so forth.





I still haven't made it to the craft store to buy the right zipper for Gabrielle's cardigan.  I nevertheless resolved to fix the sleeves that are a little too long with the Length Reassignment Surgery published by the TECHknitter.  Stay tuned for the result!

10 comments:

  1. The yoke is truly lovely! I almost never make the easy choice with my knitting and most of the time it works but man is it stressful in the process. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name for the sleeve alteration. LOL. Good luck with the fit of the sweater. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! your yoke is stunning. such beautiful work you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater looks lovely so far. My fingers are firmly crossed, hoping it fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fab! love the yoke..keep the faith -It WILL fit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far Beautiful! If there are that many measurements taken you should get the fit just right.
    Enjoy your lovely knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweater is looking wonderful so far. I love the colors in the yoke. I just bought the class on Craftsy and am excited to get started on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful sweater! really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So impressed by the Icelandic Sweater! So clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback!